Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-01 19:46:17

dafiek

win + r shorcut opens two things (xfce)

I am new in a linux world, I installed a fresh new linux mint xfce, updated everything and I found a weird thing. When I press win + r at the same time, two windows - start menu and application finder are opened. In this case start menu is focused and I need to press win again to focus application finder.
FjUScZS.jpg

Is this a bug, or a feature?

Last edited by dafiek (2024-05-01 19:47:23)

#2 2024-05-01 20:00:32

ToZ
Administrator

Re: win + r shorcut opens two things (xfce)

Its a bug that has been fixed but not yet released in Mint. To work around it for now, you have 2 options:

1. Don't use only the Win key to trigger the menu. You can, however, use Xcape instead to mimic using the Win-only key.
2. Don't use "Win + " shortcut keys - pick some other combination (like Ctrl, or Alt)

Reason: in the version you have, keyboard shortcut keys are triggered on key press, not release - so therefore both Win-only (triggered when the Win ket is pressed) and Win+R (triggered when the R is pressed) seem like they are triggered at the same time.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-05-01 20:21:40

dafiek

ToZ wrote:

Its a bug that has been fixed but not yet released in Mint. To work around it for now, you have 2 options:

1. Don't use only the Win key to trigger the menu. You can, however, use Xcape instead to mimic using the Win-only key.
2. Don't use "Win + " shortcut keys - pick some other combination (like Ctrl, or Alt)

Reason: in the version you have, keyboard shortcut keys are triggered on key press, not release - so therefore both Win-only (triggered when the Win ket is pressed) and Win+R (triggered when the R is pressed) seem like they are triggered at the same time.

So this is a bug in mint, or xfce?

#4 2024-05-01 21:25:16

ToZ
Administrator

It was a shortcoming/bug in Xfce that was resolved in libxfce4ui version 4.18.5. What version is currently in the Mint repositories? If it is an earlier version, you'll need to wait until Mint updates it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer