Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-01 13:03:24

Jerry3904

xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin: change icon?

I'm near the end of a sideinstall of MX-23 on an Orange Pi 5, and I find that this plugin (that we install by default) is tightly linked somewhere with OPi's pasystray.  Our plugin is redundant but if I try to remove it the whole sound setup is irrecoverably--at least for me--corrupted.

The presence of both means that I have two speaker icons so if I can't remove it then I would like at least to change the icon so the panel doesn't look so stupid. But I don't see a way to do that so am wondering if it is even possible short of perhaps compiling it myself.

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#2 2024-05-01 18:35:48

ToZ
Administrator

Re: xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin: change icon?

Jerry,

It looks like both the pulseaudio plugin and paststray use the same base icon names, but with a slight variation (note the "symbolic" suffix). It might be feasible to use different icon names in the same icon theme to get different icons. I'm not exactly sure how the symbolic element works (I do know that xfce4-panel's systray has an option to force symbolic icons), so some testing may be required.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-05-04 10:40:24

Jerry3904

Re: xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin: change icon?

Just to close this up: we ended up re-compiling pasystray ourselves and then all was normative: I could remove xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin without destroying the sound setup.

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

Board footer